Hwy 23 Deer Creek traffic control change on October 2
DULUTH, Minn. — On Friday, October 2, traffic on Hwy 23 at the Deer Creek Bridge near Wrenshall will change to a stop and take turns condition. The current signal system will be removed, and all motorists will need to stop and alternate crossing at the bridge.
Please visit the MnDOT website for project information: mndot.gov/d1/projects/hwy23bridge.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more information on projects in northeast Minnesota, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnortheast and Twitter at @mndotnortheast. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.