PROJECT UPDATE: Yes, we do plan to open a new segment of Hwy 27 in late July between Front St E and 1st St E. The local east side detour will change to 1st St SE, 5th Ave SE, 11th St SE. The local detour on the west side and truck route will remain as it is today, July 12. The schedule is weather permitting. The project remains on schedule.
Current impacts until late July
Here is what to expect
- Detour west of the Mississippi River bridge: Hwy 27 closed between Paul Larson Memorial Dr and 8th St W. Detour uses Morrison CR 214 and Paul Larson Memorial Dr. Local detour map, PDF
- Detour east of the Mississippi River bridge: Hwy 27 closed downtown between Front St SE and 4th St SE. Detour uses Front St SE along the dam, 1st Ave SE and 4th St.
- Both bridges are open over the Mississippi River--Hwy 10 and Hwy 27.
- Travelers in the area will encounter multiple crews working from sunrise to sunset along the entire project. Motorists can expect periodic lane, shoulder or entrance closures. Pedestrians will encounter sidewalk closures with detours. For your safety and ours stay out of closed barricaded areas.
- Truck detour uses Morrison CR 214, CR 213 and Hwy 10 over the Mississippi River. Truck detour map, PDF
Camp Ripley uses rail line July 12-26
Highway 115 will be temporarily closed during sporadic times between Highway 371 and Grouse Road to move trains into and out of Camp Ripley from July 12-26, 2019. The rail line crosses area roads and the Mississippi River Bridge on Highway 115 near Camp Ripley as well as several roads north and west of Little Falls. Expect flaggers or barriers, and each closure to last 20 minutes to over an hour. Seek other routes and plan for longer travel time during this period. Consider using Highway 10 in north Little Falls to cross the Mississippi River.
For your safety and ours, please be alert and follow signs, stay out of closed areas and expect changes when navigating through work areas.
Little Falls is Open
Access to businesses and residences will be maintained and open at all times, follow signs to entrances. But, do expect access changes.
Information is subject to change. Project tentative traffic plans, schedule