The Minnesota Department of Transportation and city of Elbow Lake are partnering for a 2019 resurfacing and construction project on portions of Hwys 55, 59 and 79.
The project will address pavement concerns, pedestrians accessibility (ADA) requirements and storm sewer needs.
Key project elements
- Resurface Hwys 55, 59 and 79 in Elbow Lake
- Replace the medians on Hwys 59 and 79 with new 4" mountable curbs
- Partial reconstruction of the north/south highway for ADA accessibility and storm sewer upgrades
- Sidewalk improvements
- New lighting system on the north/south highway
Current traffic impacts
- Alternating lane closures
- Temporary sidewalk and cross-street intersection closures on Highway 55
- Parking restrictions
Preliminary cost estimate
- $2.6 million