Current traffic impacts
- Road closed to thru-traffic. Detour to Highway 29 south of Starbuck, County Road 18 and Highway 104.
- Local access will be maintained for residents and businesses along the work zone, but access locations may change daily depending on where crews are working
Updated: July 12, 2019
Paving continues on Highway 28/29 from Starbuck to Glenwood. This means we’re getting closer and closer to completion!
MnDOT has been informed that there’s been some confusion as to what roads are part of the official detour. The road is CLOSED to thru-traffic and the official detour route is Highway 29 south of Starbuck, County Road 18 and Highway 104. Please note: County Road 24 – although useful for local traffic getting to/from Highway 28/29 – is NOT part of the official detour route.
Paving is a mobile operation so local access points will change periodically as crews move along the work zone. Luckily, these restrictions are often temporary while paving crews are in that area. Please continue to follow directional signs and obey traffic control.
At this stage of construction, local traffic should have no issues getting to/from their destinations along the work zone. While crews are working, there is a pilot car to help local motorists navigate safely through construction. During the evening hours when crews aren’t present, you should have no problem getting to/from homes and businesses.
Attending the Pope County Fair? Crews will likely still be working between Starbuck and Glenwood, but you should have no problem getting to Glenwood by using the official detour route.
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 28/29 from Glenwood to Starbuck
- Bypass lane at County Road 24
- Left turn lanes at Golf Course Road