About this project
Crews have removed the traffic barrels closing some of the lanes on I-90 between Stewartville and the High Forest Rest Area, and the on-ramp to eastbound I-90 at Olmsted County Road 6 has reopened.
Motorists will still see construction workers finishing work along the route, but the work is being done with traffic nearby.
Thank you for your patience on this project. The repaving and bridge work is done and the work at the rest area is complete.
Summary of work
Construction began April 4 and is scheduled to be complete late September 2022 with the following work:
- Resurfacing approximately 8.6 miles of I-90 eastbound from 2.5 miles east of Mower Co. Rd. 1 to .9 miles east of Hwy 63 in Olmsted County.
- Resurfacing interchange ramps at Co. Hwy 6 and Hwy 63.
- Improving and repairing guardrail and drainage throughout project.
- Resurfacing car parking lot of High Forest Rest Area and improving entrance/exit ramps and facility accessibility.
- Improving four bridges:
- I-90 eastbound bridge over Root River: Replacing both approach panels, constructing four new end posts, replacing guardrail, resurfacing bridge deck and applying new surface finish coating to pier caps, abutment wing walls and abutment stem faces.
- I-90 westbound bridge over Root River: Replacing part of both approach panels, constructing four new bridge end posts and replacing guardrail.
- Co. Hwy 6 bridge over I-90: Removing and replacing westbound pier struts, adding median and eastbound pier struts and replacing guardrail.
- Co. Hwy 15 bridge over I-90: Removing and replacing westbound pier struts, adding median and eastbound pier struts and replacing guardrail.