About this project
Summary of MnDOT work
- Improvements to approximately 11 miles of Hwy 68 from North Grant Street in Minneota to the Redwood River in Marshall including shoulder widening and culvert replacement.
- Drainage improvements near Porter are also included in the project.
- Construction was originally scheduled to begin in 2021, but has been rescheduled to begin in the spring of 2022.
- Construction will take one season and should be finished, weather permitting by the fall of 2022.
Wider shoulders on Hwy 68
- Hwy 68 is currently 32 feet wide, with 4 foot paved shoulders and 12 foot driving lanes.
- After construction is complete, Hwy 68 will have wider shoulders between Minneota and Marshall by adding 4 feet of gravel on each side.
Virtual open house