- DETAILED VIEW: Preliminary layout (April 29, 2020) 9.1 MB, PDF
- Note: File is a draft design with aerial image in background. We recommend viewing from computer or laptop display. Use bookmarks for easier zooming. For alternate format or cropped version, contact Jenny.Seelen@state.mn.us.
- SIMPLE VIEW: Hwy 169 convert freeway basic drawing map, PDF
Presentation materials at Elk River Chamber meeting on May 13:
- MnDOT project update presentation slides, PDF (2 MB)
- City of Elk River 169 Redefine city project updates, video
Right of Way
Single-point urban interchanges
A single-point urban interchange (SPUI) can also be called a single-point diamond interchange. The Highway 169 freeway project will use these interchange designs at Main St., School St. and 193rd Ave. This type of highway interchange design was created to help move large volumes of traffic through limited areas of space safely and efficiently. The term "single point" refers to the fact that all through traffic on the arterial street, as well as the traffic turning left onto or off the interchange, can be controlled from a single set of traffic signals. Watch YouTube video of how SPUI's operate.
Corridors of Commerce project
Hwy 10 Elk River: Reconstruct and improve Highway 10 from Xenia Avenue to 4th Street NW in Elk River, includes pedestrian improves and signal system upgrades in 2021.