Virtual open house
Join us for a virtual open house to learn more about the project and what to expect during construction: https://hwy60improvements.com/.
There is no formal presentation or discussion during the virtual open house. You can review the online information when it is convenient for you and then provide comments. Visit the link to learn more and go through the online information any time before it closes on Nov. 8, 2020.
About the project
Summary of work
In 2022, MnDOT resurface Hwy 60 between Hwy 63 and Hwy 52, including the communities of Zumbro Falls and Mazeppa. Seven culvert replacements are planned along the 14-mile route along with a bridge replacement west of Zumbro Falls. ADA improvements are planned in Zumbro Falls and Mazeppa. In Zumbro Falls, reconstruction of the road is planned.
- Replace/repair 7 culverts and pipes
- New bridge west of Zumbro Falls
- Road reconstruction in Zumbro Falls
- Sidewalk reconstruction (ADA improvements) to improve access in Mazeppa and Zumbro Falls
- Update lighting at key intersections
- Replace road signs
- Replace guardrail
Anticipated project schedule:
- Begin preliminary design: Summer 2019
- Community engagement: Fall 2019 - Winter 2019/20
- Complete preliminary design: Winter 2019/2020 - Spring 2020
- Community engagement: Summer 2020 - Fall 202
- Begin final design: Fall 2020
- Community engagement: Winter 2020/21 - Spring 2021
- Complete final design: Summer 2021
- Begin construction: Spring 2022